Virtual Human Training Technology
Powered by Artificial intelligence
Teaching Leadership and Communication Skills with VR and AI
How do you practice skills like negotiating and sales, simulate what it’s like to handle a difficult customer, or gain experience giving critical feedback? Identified by LinkedIn’s 4th Annual 2020 Workplace Learning Report
as a top priority for talent development, soft skills are some of the most valuable professional skills an employee can have, but are also among the most difficult to train and teach.
We developed virtual human technology as a tool for employees to practice the nuanced interpersonal skills that are critical to their professional success. Gaining exposure to challenging situations and being prepared to navigate them can mean the difference between empowerment, and making costly mistakes on the job.
A growing gap exists among new generations of the workforce across interpersonal, leadership, customer service, and teamwork-related skills. Experts across the learning and development community cite soft skills as the largest skills gap, and one of the biggest challenges currently faced by employers.
PwC chose Talespin’s CoPilot platform to help enable the VR portion of a peer-reviewed research study comparing soft skill training modalities. “PwC Understanding the Effectiveness of VR Soft Skill Training in the Enterprise” is the largest-ever study of VR soft skills training for a large-scale enterprise deployment. PwC selected employees from a group of new managers in 12 PwC US locations to take the same unconscious bias training course in one of three learning modalities: classroom learning, e-learning, or a virtual reality soft skills training course created in collaboration with Talespin.
The study determined that virtual reality can be more effective at training soft skill concepts than classroom and e-learning training modalities across several metrics.
Faster to train than in the classroom
more confident to act on what they learned after training
More emotional connection to training content than classroom learners
More focused than their e-learning peers
- VR learners required less time to learn: VR-trained employees completed training up to 4x faster than classroom learners, and 1.5x faster than e-learners.
- VR learners demonstrated higher confidence: VR-trained employees were 275% more confident to act on what they learned after training - a 40% improvement over classroom learners, and a 35% improvement over e-learners.
- VR learners had a stronger emotional connection to training content: VR-trained employees felt an emotional connection to training content that was 3.75x greater than classroom learners, and 2.3x greater than e-learners.
- VR learners were more focused: VR-trained employees were 4x more focused during training than their e-Learning peers, and 1.5x more focused than
- VR learning is more cost-effective: Above 375 learners, VR training costs less than classroom learning. Above 1,950 learners, VR training costs less than e-learning.*
Download the study
*ROI numbers provided are PwC specific results. Hourly cost per-employee is used as a key variable. Realized results may be different for each organization based on their hourly rates.
CoPilot Virtual Human Training Use Cases
Transformative Soft Skills Training
Examples of CoPilot Learning Modules
The ‘Effective Feedback’ VR learning series leverages CoPilot’s technology to help leaders and managers simulate feedback conversations.
Leading Through Uncertainty
The ‘Leading Through Uncertainty’ VR learning series leverages CoPilot’s technology to help leaders prepare for times of crisis and uncertainty.
CoPilot Platform Features
- Virtual Human Character Library
- CoPilot Animation System
- CoPilot Lesson System
- Runway performance and skills analysis
- Runway scoring API integration
Natural Language Processing
- Cloud-hosted services
- audio and textual input & processing
- Speech recognition
- Text analysis
Natural Language Understanding
- Cloud-hosted services
- understanding of user input and sentiment
- Machine learning
- advanced analysis of user input
- Artificial intelligence
- neural networks
- Sentiment analysis
- domain expertise
To learn more about CoPilot Virtual Human Technology